I'm having lot of fun writing about BH and I'm sure you will fall in love with the city and with the mineiros. Today, let's see what are the best hotel options, both close to the stadium (Pampulha) and close to the restaurants and shops (Savassi and Lourdes).
Savassi and Louders are very close to the Central Market and Praça da Liberdade. The distance from those locations to the stadium is about 20 minutes by car, and 1 hour by bus. But leave earlier, the traffic can be pretty bad. If you decide to take a bus it's not complicated, it's usually one bus only to get to the stadium. Later on, I will check the new options for the World Cup.
Book your hotel as soon as possible, many hotels already don't have vacancies for the World Cup.
- Savassi - free wi-fi, breakfast included, restaurant in the hotel.
- My place Savassi - there are 40 two-story apartments in this charming hotel.
- Boulevard Express - breakfast included, free wi-fi.
- Ibis Afonso Pena - brand new, opened in 2013 the hotel offers free wi-fi.
- Mercuri Lourdes - offers free wifi, gym, and has a restaurant in the hotel.
- Ibis BH Liberdade - located close to the Praça da Liberdade, it's a new hotel that offers free wi-fi and has a restaurant in the hotel.
- Clarion Lourdes - in this hotel if you make your check in between 7 and 9pm you get a free glass of champagne! Free wi-fi and breakfast included.
- Quality Afonso Pena (Serra) - offers free wi-fi, breakfast included, restaurant in the hotel. 13.4 km from the stadium.
- Pampulha - it's 15 min walking to the stadium. Breakfast included.
- Bristol Jaraguá - if you prefer to walk to avoid traffic it takes 30 minutes. It was opened in 2012, it offers free wi-fi, breakfast and the restaurant is in the hotel.
- Bristol Pampulha Lieu - 7 min driving or 40 min by bus to the stadium.